Syed A. Husain is a Senior Advisor focused on Pharmacy. He joined the Firm in 2020.
A seasoned healthcare strategy and M&A executive, Mr. Husain has been engaged with multiple healthcare transactions with aggregate value exceeding $100 billion.
Most recently, as Vice President of Corporate Acquisitions and Real Estate at CVS Health, Mr. Husain directed all aspects of corporate M&A, real estate, operational oversight, talent management, and strategic growth initiatives. In this role, he acted as liaison to investment banks, private equity and venture capital alliances, competitors, and prospective strategic partners across the healthcare landscape.
Mr. Husain began his career at CVS Health as a Pharmacy Intern.
Mr. Husain holds an Executive Certification in Finance from Harvard Business School and a BS in Pharmacy from the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University. He is a Registered Pharmacist.
- Member, American Pharmacists Association
- Member, National Community Pharmacists Association
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Chairman, New Jersey Council of Chain Drug Stores
- Board of Directors, New Jersey Retail Merchants Association
- Adjunct Faculty, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University
- President, Pharmacy Governing Council
- Commissioner, City of Elizabeth, New Jersey
Served as strategic and financial advisor to Pharmaca Integrative on its sale to Medly Pharmacy
Served as financial advisor to New Seasons Market / New Leaf Community Markets on its sale to Good Food Holdings