Head of Business Services
Tim Shea is a Partner and serves as Head of Business Services. He joined the firm in 2021.
Tim has over 15 years of experience advising clients on M&A transactions, specializing in the facility and residential services sectors. Prior to joining Solomon Partners, Tim was a Managing Director and Head of Facility Services for Truist Securities and Piper Sandler. Tim’s experience also includes executive roles at two leading facility services companies – GCA Services Group (now part of ABM) and Southwest Food Service Excellence. Earlier in his career, Tim spent five years as an Attorney at Foley & Lardner, a national law firm, advising public and private companies on M&A.
Over the course of his career, Tim has completed more than 50 M&A transactions with aggregate consideration over $25 billion.
SELECT M&A CLIENT TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Audax portfolio company Reedy Industries’ sale to Partners Group
- CI Capital portfolio company Summit Companies’ sale to Blackrock
- Keystone Capital portfolio company JOBS to Valcourt Building Services, a portfolio company of Littlejohn
- The sale of Olympus to KBS, a Cerberus portfolio company
- Lightbay Capital on its acquisition of Village Realty
- Incline Equity Partners portfolio company Ned Stevens’ sale to AVALT
- Great Range Capital portfolio company Heartland Landscaping’s sale to Sterling Investment Partners
- Harvest Partners’ acquisition of Yellowstone Landscaping
- Organic Life on its sale to Southwest Foodservice Excellence, a Harkness Capital portfolio company
- aPiori portfolio company The Service Companies sale to Gridiron Capital
- Gridiron portfolio company QSI Facilities’ sale to Cushman & Wakefield
- New Mountain Capital portfolio company Valet Waste’s sale to Ares and Harvest Partners
- Kohlberg portfolio company KBS’ sale to GI Partners
- Nautic Partners portfolio company GCA Services’ sale to Blackstone
Tim holds a BBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a JD from Wisconsin Law School. Tim is also a CPA (inactive).
Served as financial advisor to Pavement Partners, a portfolio company of Shoreline Equity Partners, on its merger with Brothers National
Served as financial advisor to Legacy Service Partners on its growth investment from Gridiron Capital
Served as financial advisor to GTCR on its strategic investment in Senske Services
Served as financial advisor to Knox Lane on its acquisition of Ruppert Landscape
Served as financial advisor to Ned Stevens on its sale to Cobepa
Served as financial advisor to Freeman Spogli on its partnership with NearU Services
Served as financial advisor to OMERS on its acquisition of Pueblo Mechanical & Controls
Served as financial advisor to Eden Technologies on its sale of Alder to Orion Group, a portfolio company of Alpine Investors