Head of Business Services
Tim Shea is a Managing Director and serves as Group Head of Business Services. He joined the firm in 2021.
Tim has over 15 years of experience advising clients on M&A transactions, specializing in the facility and residential services sectors. Prior to joining Solomon Partners, Tim was a Managing Director and Head of Facility Services for Truist Securities and Piper Sandler. Tim’s past experience also includes executive roles at two leading facility services companies – GCA Services Group (now part of ABM) and Southwest Food Service Excellence. Earlier in his career, Tim spent five years as an Attorney at Foley & Lardner, a national law firm, advising public and private companies on M&A.
Over the course of his career, Tim has completed more than 50 M&A transactions with aggregate consideration over $25 billion.
SELECT M&A CLIENT TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Audax portfolio company Reedy Industries’ sale to Partners Group
- CI Capital portfolio company Summit Companies’ sale to Blackrock
- Keystone Capital portfolio company JOBS to Valcourt Building Services, a portfolio company of Littlejohn
- The sale of Olympus to KBS, a Cerberus portfolio company
- Lightbay Capital on its acquisition of Village Realty
- Incline Equity Partners portfolio company Ned Stevens’ sale to AVALT
- Great Range Capital portfolio company Heartland Landscaping’s sale to Sterling Investment Partners
- Harvest Partners’ acquisition of Yellowstone Landscaping
- Organic Life on its sale to Southwest Foodservice Excellence, a Harkness Capital portfoliocompany
- aPiori portfolio company The Service Companies sale to Gridiron Capital
- Gridiron portfolio company QSI Facilities’ sale to Cushman & Wakefield
- New Mountain Capital portfolio company Valet Waste’s sale to Ares and Harvest Partners
- Kohlberg portfolio company KBS’ sale to GI Partners
- Nautic Partners portfolio company GCA Services’ sale to Blackstone
Tim holds a BBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a JD from Wisconsin Law School. Tim is also a CPA (inactive).
Served as financial advisor to Morgan Stanley Capital Partners on its acquisition of Fairway Lawns
Served as financial advisor to York Private Equity on its acquisition of Healthcare Linen Services Group