Karan Garg is a Partner and serves as Head of Healthcare Services, focused on multi-site healthcare and physician practice management platforms. He joined the firm in 2023.
Karan has nearly 20 years of investment banking and private equity experience, the majority of which have been focused on advising founders and private equity clients on sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions, private debt financings, and equity raise transactions across the healthcare services landscape with a particular focus on multi-site and physician practice sub-sectors. Prior to joining Solomon Partners, Karan was Managing Director and a senior member in Houlihan Lokey’s Healthcare group where he spent over 15 years expanding the firm’s healthcare services practice.
Select recently publicly announced, completed advisory transactions include:
- Acquisition of Ortho Nebraska by InTandem Capital Partners
- Sale of Lightwave Dental to Lindsay Goldberg
- Minority equity raise for HighFive Healthcare by Norwest Venture Partners
- Recapitalization of Mosaic Dental Collective to Audax Private Equity
- Recapitalization of Paradigm Oral Health by BlackRock
- Acquisition of GI Alliance by Apollo
- Sale of Altima Dental to 123 Dentist / KKR
- Sale of Mid-Atlantic Dental to Sonrava / New Mountain Capital
- Recapitalization of Smile Doctors by THL
- Acquisition of U.S. Oral Surgery Partners by Oak Hill Capital Partners
- Acquisition of National Dentex by Cerberus
- Recapitalization of Canadian Orthodontic Partners by Pamlico Capital
- Recapitalization of Ambulatory Management Services by VSS
- Recapitalization of DECA Dental by Blackstone
- Acquisition of Lighthouse Autism Centers by Cerberus
- Sale of HOPCo (the CORE Institute) to Linden and Audax Private Equity
- Sale of Autism in Motion to hopebridge / Arsenal Capital.
Karan holds a BS from DePaul University.