Joseph Watson is a Managing Director at Solomon Partners in Technology, focusing on Data, Analytics and Information Services. He joined the firm in 2023.
Joe has nearly a decade of experience advising private, public, and private-equity clients on mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, private capital raises, and other financial advisory assignments.
Before joining Solomon Partners, Joe worked at Houlihan Lokey where he led the creation and expansion of the North American Data & Analytics group. Prior to Houlihan, Joe worked in M&A advisory at Quayle Munro in London. Over the course of his career, Joe has advised on over 50 corporate finance transactions in the Technology sector.
Select recent M&A transactions include:
- The sale of Informa’s EPFR division to Montagu Private Equity
- The sale of GeoPhy to Walker & Dunlop
- The sale of eDriving to Solera
- The acquisition of Information Clearinghouse and Market Service by Endicott Growth Equity Partners
- The acquisition of Valligent by Veros Software
- The sale of Informa’s Asset Intelligence division to Randall Reilly
- The sale of Enviance to Cority
- The sale of Argosy Group to PEI Media
- The sale of Hometrack to Zoopla
- The sale of Poten & Partners to BGC Partners
- The sale of Weather Decision Technologies to DTN
Joe holds a bachelor’s degree with first class honors in Mathematics and Statistics from the London School of Economics and is a CFA® Charterholder.