John J. Rydzewski
Mr. Rydzewski joined the firm in 2017 with healthcare experience incorporating professional activity in such diverse sectors of the industry as biotechnology and drug development services; medical devices; hospital management and long-term care, including assisted living and skilled nursing care; behavioral health; and managed care.
Prior to Solomon Partners, Mr. Rydzewski founded a pre-clinical stage biotech company developing cancer-targeting immuno-therapeutics with technology licensed from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University. He was a Managing Director focused on structured credit investments in the pharmaceutical sector at Christofferson Robb & Company, a private investment firm. He performed healthcare advisory and financing assignments as a partner or senior officer at Benedetto, Garland & Co., Kidder, Peabody & Co. and Dean Witter Reynolds, Inc. He was the senior manager in the bankruptcy and insolvency group, performing both creditor committee and debtor assignments, at Price Waterhouse & Co.
Mr. Rydzewski received both an MBA and BS, with honors, from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He obtained a CPA license.
- Chairman of the Board of Advisors to the Healthcare Division of the RAND Corporation
- Board of Overseers, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Advisor, Hospital on Mobile
- Centennial Society, The Economic Club of New York
Special Op/Eds and Articles
It’s Going to Be the Vaccination, Stupid!
The RAND Blog (August 24, 2020)
To Reopen Schools Safely, Prepare for New COVID-19 Test Capabilities
The RAND Blog (August 28, 2020)
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Director, Turn-Key Health
- Director, Executive and Investment Committees, Fidelis Care, Inc.
- Director, Compensation Committee Chairman, Vision-Sciences, Inc.
- Director and past Chairman, ARV Assisted Living, Inc.
- Director, Audit Committee Chairman, United Medical Corp.
- Director, Maxim Healthcare Corporation
- President, The Dakota, Inc.
- Trustee, CancerCare
- Director, The Russian National Orchestra