David D. Wasserman
Senior Real Estate Advisor
David D. Wasserman is Senior Real Estate Advisor for Solomon Partners. He joined the firm in 2021.
Mr. Wasserman has over 35 years of institutional real estate experience with a diverse geographic portfolio, including mixed-use and hospitality assets. He currently serves as Principal of Wasserman Real Estate (WRE) Capital, an advisory business known for successful and innovative work in real estate development and investment.
Since 1999, Mr. Wasserman has acted as a Principal and Fiduciary for institutional capital partners, including Starwood Capital, Vornado Realty Trust, the Rudin Family and the Charlie Munger Family. He was also a Principal Founder of West Elm Hotels.
His recent projects have included the acquisition and repositioning of the:
- Westin Snowmass Resort – Snowmass Village, CO
- Wildwood Snowmass – Snowmass Village, CO
- Chequit Inn – Shelter Island, NY
- West Elm Hotel – Oakland, CA
- West Elm Hotel – Indianapolis, IN
- Mill/Jerome residences and offices – Aspen, CO
Among other transactions, Mr. Wasserman advised Thomas H. Lee and Lee Equity in the acquisition of Aimbridge Hospitality.
Through WRE Capital, he was a Principal Owner of the 1600 Division Road Complex and the Brown and Sharpe Campus in Warwick, RI, covering over two million square feet of industrial warehouse for tenants such as Hasbro, Metropolitan Life, Hexagon AB and others. Additionally, his mixed-use and retail projects have included:
- The Shops on South Lake – Pasadena, CA
- Hyde Park Village – Tampa, FL
- Page Field Commons – Fort Myers, FL
- IGT’s corporate headquarters – Reno, NV
Mr. Wasserman’s residential developments have included:
- The Bryant Back Bay – Boston, MA
- Granite Park Place – Pasadena, CA
Many of his projects have involved the creation of new parks, the renovation of historic structures to become affordable housing as well as innovative public art projects.
Mr. Wasserman received a BA from Columbia University and a JD from Boston University School of Law.
Member, New York State Bar
Adjunct Professor of Finance and Member of the Faculty of Business Administration, Stern School, New York University